Welcome!

Keith and I are picking up to move to Pécs, Hungary for one year. He has never been to Europe and the furthest east I've been is Switzerland.... Our Hungarian language skills are...well, we know some phrases. Come follow us on our adventure!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Czech Cuisine

Keith and I didn't really eat any Czech food....mostly because we found THREE places that served tofu (two of these restaurants were strictly vegetarian places).  I hadn't eaten tofu since August...I was more than over joyed.

Saturday night, post viewing the Astronomical Clock, Keith pointed out a Hard Rock Cafe.  I'm not usually a fan of chain restaurants, but I immediately said, "OMG, VEGGIE BURGERS," and ran over to check the menu.  Keith wasn't even sure what happened until he caught up with me.  (I was jumping up and down in excitement at this point.)


Obviously we ate there...spending way too much money (US standard prices) and eating mouth watering goodness fake meat.

THEN we discovered not one BUT TWO completely vegetarian restaurants...which we ate at the following two evenings.  Smoked tofu, hummus, tabuli, fake chicken, and more.   On Sunday night we dined at Maitrea.  Here is my smoked tofu atop my salad...which was amazing. 

Monday night we went to Lehká Hlava.  The food was equally as delicious, but the service was pretty awful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment