Welcome!

Keith and I are picking up to move to Pécs, Hungary for one year. He has never been to Europe and the furthest east I've been is Switzerland.... Our Hungarian language skills are...well, we know some phrases. Come follow us on our adventure!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Celebrating Revolutionary Day Holiday Weekend

Revolutionary Day (March 15) fell on a Tuesday this year....so employers allowed employees to have the Monday off too under the condition that they work the following Saturday. 

Keith and I didn't realize this until about March 7th or 8th.  Thrilled at having a long weekend, we made plans to go to Prague.  By car, Prague is only 7 hours from Pécs.  It is a 13 hour train excursion from Point A to Point B, however. 

Keith and I both worked Friday morning.  My fellow teachers and I celebrated the amazingly beautiful weather by taking the munchkins to a park near our school (and even closer to the train station...which worked out really well for me). 


The kids were thrilled to go to the park...in my opinion it was WAY too warm for winter coats and hats, but I've been told Hungarians can pick out English speakers by how they dress as if it is warmer than it actually is...

I met Keith at the train station at 11:10 with a bag of sandwiches and other goodies and we departed for Budapest at 11:14.  We arrived at Budapest's Déli train station around 2pm and took the metro to Budapest's Keleti train station for a 3:30 train to Prague. 

Somewhere in this travel we got in contact with Keith's friend Andrej and decided to spend Friday night in Bratislava.  Per usual, we had an AMAZING time with absolutely fabulous people.  I feel so refreshed and inspired after hanging out with Nina and Andrej. 

I wish I had photos of the restaurant we dined at in Bratislava...super chic, great food and apparently there were a bunch of Slovak celebs there. 

Saturday 'morning-ish' we took the train on to Prague.  This being our 3rd train in 12 hours, Keith and I were a little less than enthused to spend another 4 hours seated with screaming babies surrounding us. 


We made it our hotel, Antik Hotel--a super cute boutique hotel in the Old City around 5pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment