Welcome!

Keith and I are picking up to move to Pécs, Hungary for one year. He has never been to Europe and the furthest east I've been is Switzerland.... Our Hungarian language skills are...well, we know some phrases. Come follow us on our adventure!!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Barcelona

 I'm sick of being 'homeless' and traveling with all of my European possessions.  We arrived at the train station today with plans to take the 12:00 to Valencia (far away form my loud prostitute friends).  This train station is more hectic than O'Hare Airport...seriously.  By the time we figured out what line to stand in for seat reservations, it was almost noon.  No big deal, we'll just take the 14:30 train.  Kieth comes back with the seat reservations 45 min later....the first available train we can get on is at 20:30.  So we have 8 hours to kill at the Barcelona Sants train station.  Our original plan was to go to Madrid--luckily we changed said plans because all trains to Madrid are sold out until sometime tomorrow...

Barcelona - minus the loud ladies of the night - has been wonderful.  We've meandered through the Park Guell, Gothic Neighborhood, La Rambla, enjoyed excellent beach days, and other adventures.


...several hours later....

We gave up on waiting at the train station.  Seriously, it was more hectic than O'Hare airport, which was making us both twitch.  We wouldn't have arrived at our hotel until midnight either....so we canceled the hotel, only paying for the first night as a cancellation fee and found another hotel in Barcelona.  We'll be here until Monday. 

This new hotel is great.  We have a.c., a terrace, free wifi in the room, and zero loud people.   

I"ll post photos once I find the cord that connects my camera to my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment