Welcome!

Keith and I are picking up to move to Pécs, Hungary for one year. He has never been to Europe and the furthest east I've been is Switzerland.... Our Hungarian language skills are...well, we know some phrases. Come follow us on our adventure!!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boldog Karácsonyt! Merry Christmas

The Hungarian tradition is to open gifts on Christmas Eve....we decided to stick with our American traditions of opening gifts from "Santa" Christmas morning. Also in accordance to tradition, Keith left cookies and milk for Santa.
And SANTA DID VISIT US!!!! He left part of his beard in the cookie....and he didn't finish the cookie or milk, which I think was very wasteful of him.

But he left a note which was sweet of him. I didn't think Keith would wake up before noon, which was fine with me...I was wrong. Not only did he wake me up at 4:30 in the morning, he took video of the entire thing. The best part of the video clip is the very end.


We did finally get up around 8:30 and made a lovely breakfast for each other and opened gifts. There were a couple of things missing in the packages from our parents, which was kind of a let down--I don't care about getting gifts. I hope the person who took them is enjoying the gifts very much.

Keith did an excellent job with my gifts....colored pencils that look like tree branches, purple and green nail polish, a hat, earrings, and an appointment for a massage...excellent job. :-)
I think I did equally as well with Keith's gifts....I got him a hat like all of the old Hungarian men wear, two ties, and a toy gun. He immediately shot everything in the flat...including the angel off the Christmas tree...
So our first Christmas away from family was a lovely...as lovely as it could be being away from family. It was quiet and mellow (when Keith wasn't chasing me with his new gun). We didn't know that EVERYTHING is closed on December 24, 25, and 26...so we only had cookies and alcohol in our flat. It was rather funny. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What time is it? 5....WHAT!!!!!!! In the morning.

    HAHAHAH That was funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh hahah!! this is hilarious. you two are such a cute couple!! we missed you both dearly around xmas time as well anddddd that sinister look on keith's face w/his toy gun raised in the air is freakin priceless. -Brandy

    ReplyDelete