Welcome!

Keith and I are picking up to move to Pécs, Hungary for one year. He has never been to Europe and the furthest east I've been is Switzerland.... Our Hungarian language skills are...well, we know some phrases. Come follow us on our adventure!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BCN

There are a lot of shirts in Barcelona that say "I <3 BCN"  Keith keeps thinking it says, "I <3 BACON", which it probably should.  It's such a fabulous city...tragically, it is also a rather expensive city (in terms of hotels).  I found this great hotel just a few blocks from La Rambla (the main street) for 30 Euro a night...awesome, right???  Yeah...not so much. 

I first noticed the women when we arrived...hanging out in the middle of the street, talking to no one but passers by, wearing not so tasteful attire.  The same women were there still when we left post nap three hours later...and then still when we got back from dinner.  I pointed this out to Keith..."Meg, they're prostitutes." 

Oh. Really? Are you sure?  I don't turn my nose up at such a profession...I mean, there is obviously a demand--maybe not for these women since they've been standing there continuously for 36 hours now, but still...there is clearly a demand. 

Anyways, in their boredom, the woman have had some drinks...and some gentlemen have brought fireworks.  Also I think the ring leader...(pimp?) showed up...this tiny little woman making a whole hell of a lot of noise.  Drunk men with fireworks, a drunken loud pimp trying to pick fights, and drunk & bored prostitutes....all gathered right below our window.

Normally, we'd just close the windows...but it's 53295783290753829+ degrees in our room with no fan.  I'm a little cranky.  Poor Keith is exhausted and I'm cranky...I think he's sleeping, but I'm not having as much luck.  Thankfully our plans for tomorrow include drinking beer on the beach, swimming and sleeping.  :) 

The police just came through...I think the ladies of the night have gone elsewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment